New York, NY – January 30, 2017 – Since 2015, Deerfield Management Company has contributed to advancing healthcare through the publication of 29 articles, editorials and abstracts. These publications are based on scientifically driven market research, development of novel approaches to constructing and analyzing clinical trials, and activities central to the analysis of markets and policy across the healthcare field.
Deerfield believes that dissemination of novel findings could benefit academic,industrial and governmental organizations interested in understanding patient characteristics, improving patient care, speeding therapies to market, and optimizing healthcare policy.
As an illustration of the impact of such publications in the healthcare policy environment, the September 2016 publication entitled “Use of FDA-Approved and Laboratory-Developed Tests in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Results of a Retrospective Market Analysis” was used during a one-hour Senate briefing on the future of precision medicine and patient care: current landscape of genomic testing that took place on October 13, 2016, and organized by Friends of Cancer Research.
The peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations produced in 2016 are listed below:
- The Prevalence of Peyronie’s Disease in the United States: A Population-Based Study. M. Stuntz M, A. Perlaky, F. des Vignes, T. Kyriakides, D. Glass.PLoS ONE 11(2): e0150157.
- Awareness of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and associated practice patterns of primary care physicians and specialists. S. Polanco-Briceno, D. Glass, M.Stuntz, and A. Caze. BMC Research Notes 2016 9:157.
- Epidemiology of Low Dose Aspirin Use for Primary and Secondary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. M. Stuntz. Cardiology Vol. 134, Suppl. 1, 2016.
- Mitral valve disease in the United States: retrospective analysis of hospitalizations and surgical procedures using the National Inpatient Sample. M. Stuntz. Cardiovascular Disease.Cardiology Vol. 134, Suppl. 1, 2016.
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: Physicians’perceptions of patient treatment with recently approved drugs. C. Audibert, C. Livoti, A. Caze. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications Volume 3, 15 August 2016, Pages 80–85.
- Modeling the burden of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in the United States in 2013. M. Stuntz. Cardiology 2016; 135:127-131.
- Building a drug development database:challenges in reliable data availability. C. Audibert, M. Romine, A. Caze, G. Daniel, J. Leff, and M.McClellan. Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy 2016 Aug 24:1-5.
- Use of FDA-Approved and Laboratory-Developed Tests in Advanced Non–Small Cell Lung Cancer: Results of a Retrospective Market Analysis.C. Audibert, M. Shea, D. Glass, M. Kozak, A. Caze, R. Hohman, J. Allen, E.Sigal, J. Leff. 2016ASCO Annual meeting, Abstract # e20532 and Personalized Medicine in Oncology, September 2016, Vol. 5, No. 7.
- Neuroendocrine tumor liver metastases treated with yttrium-90 radioembolization. K. Fan, A. Wild, V. Halappa, R. Kumar, S. Ellsworth, M. Ziegler,T. Garg, L. Rosati, Z. Su, A. Hacker-prietz, T. Pawlik, D. Cosgrove, K. Hon, I.Kamel, J-F. Geschwind, and J. Herman. Contemporary Clinical Trials Volume 50,September 2016, Pages 143–149.
- Recent Trends in Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Volume in the United States. M. Stuntz and A. Palak. Value in Health. November 2016 Volume 19,Issue 7, Page A641.
- Epidemiology of Chronic Kidney Disease and Predictors of Hyperkalemia: Analysis of Nhanes 2007–2014. M. Stuntz and C. Livoti. Value inHealth. November 2016 Volume 19, Issue 7, Pages A516–A517.
- Press releases for Phase 2 clinical trial topline results: Have the objective pre-specified efficacy results been disclosed? Z. Su and C. Livoti. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications Volume 4, 15 December 2016, Pages A1–A2.
- A Brief Patent Primer. M. Shtilerman and J. Eng Jr.BiotechBlog. December 5, 2016.
- Recent trends in the prevalence of low-dose aspirin use for primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease in the United States, 2012–2015.M. Stuntz and B.Bernstein. Preventive Medicine Reports.
- Communication practices and awareness of resources for acromegaly patients among endocrinologists. S. Polanco-Briceno, D. Glass and C.Plunkett. Patient Preference and Adherence. 2016; 10:2531-2541.
Deerfield will continue to contribute findings and insights to the public domain in 2017.
Deerfield is an investment management firm committed to advancing healthcare through investment, information and philanthropy.
For more information, please visit www.deerfield.com.
Deerfield Management Company
Karen Heidelberger, 212-692-7140