New York, NY – January 11, 2016 – In 2015, Deerfield Management Company continued to produce scientifically driven market research, develop novel approaches to constructing and analyzing clinical trials, and support other activities central to the analysis of markets and policy across the healthcare field.
As part of its commitment to advancing healthcare through information, Deerfield has disseminated novel findings which it believes could benefit academic, industrial and governmental organizations interested in understanding patient characteristics, improving patient care, speeding therapies to market and optimizing healthcare policy. The peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations< produced in 2015 include:
- G. Daniel, A. Caze, M. Romine, C. Audibert, J. Leff, M. McClellan, Improving Pharmaceutical Innovation By Building A More Comprehensive Database On Drug Development And Use. Health Affairs, February 2015 vol. 34 no. 2 319-327
- P. He, T. Leung Lai, Z. Su, Design of clinical trials with failure-time endpoints and interim analyses: An update after fifteen years. Contemporary Clinical Trials, Volume 45, 103 – 112 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2015.05.018)
- C. Audibert, D. Glass, A global perspective on assisted reproductive technology fertility treatment: an 8-country fertility specialist survey. Reproductive Biology Endocrinology. 2015 Dec 9; 13:133
- S. Polanco-Briceno, A. Caze, D. Glass, Self-reported physician practices in pulmonary arterial hypertension: diagnosis, assessment, and referral. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/J.conctc.2015.12.006)
- M. Stuntz, F. des Vignes, Treating Clostridium difficile infections: Should fecal microbiota transplantation be reclassified from investigational drug to human tissue? Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/J.conctc.2015.11.001)
- Y. Lin, M. Zhu, Z. Su, The pursuit of balance: An overview of covariate-adaptive randomization< techniques in clinical trials. Contemporary Clinical Trials. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/J.cct.2015.07.011)
- P. He, Z. Su, A novel design for randomized immuno-oncology clinical trials with potentially delayed treatment effects. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/J.conctc.2015.08.003)
- G. Megeed and F. des Vignes, The association between obesity and obstructive sleep apnea among males aged 20 years and older in the United States. 48th Annual Meeting of the Society for Epidemiologic Research, Abstract #972.
- G. Megeed, Calculating the prevalence of urea cycle disorders in the EU5 using an incidence-survival model. Value in Health. 18(7):A662. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2015.09.2406)
- M. Stuntz, Modeling the burden of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in the United States in 2013. Annals of Epidemiology. 25(9):706. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2015.06.024)
- M. Stuntz, Modeling the burden of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in Europe in 2013. Value in Health. 18(7):A694-A695. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2015.09.2587)
- M. Stuntz, Forecasting the prevalence of status epilepticus and its subtypes in Europe, 2015-2024. Value in Health. 18(7):A751. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2015.09.2907)
- M. Stuntz, Forecasting the prevalence of status epilepticus and its subtypes in the United States, 2015-2024. Journal of Neurological Disorders. 3:4. (http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2329-6895.C1.006)
Deerfield will continue to contribute findings and insights to the public domain in 2016.
Deerfield is an investment management firm committed to advancing healthcare through investment, information and philanthropy.
For more information, please visit www.deerfield.com
Deerfield Management Company
Karen Heidelberger, 212-692-7140